Here is more information about the Winter Grooming Operator Level 3 - Experienced employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Winter Grooming Operator Level 3 - Experienced
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Posting Date||July 23, 2014|
|Closing Date||October 31, 2014|
Work, Live, and Play
Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has proven to be one of the highest levels of customer service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Winter Alpine and Nordic Passes
- Staff Soup & Bun Lunch Program
- Monthly Staff Recognition Dinners and Events
- Corporation wide discounts
- Subsidized Employee Housing, available to those 19 years +
- Network and interact with our diverse culture
The grooming team is always looking enthusiastic and outdoor oriented individuals to spend the winter outdoors in the alpine paradise. Groomers are responsible for producing and exceptional and award winning riding surface. Under the guidance of the Slopes Manager, you will receive a fun, interactive and teamwork oriented job experience.
The grooming position is a highly physical role; groomers are required to work outdoors in all weather conditions. As well as working afternoon and/or night shifts.
Your Responsibilities Will Include- Prepare and maintain a snow surface for skiers and riders of all levels
- Undertake all winch and grinder operation including shaping and maintaining terrain park and tube park
- Work with the snowmaking department to build early season ski trails
- Assist with other outside projects when required including special event preparation
- Work with mechanics when troubleshoot breakdowns are required
- Ensure all safety standards are met
- Communicate and log daily operations and equipment operations
Ideal Candidates- Must have over 5 seasons of grooming experience and competent with winch and grinder operations
- 1 full season of snowmaking at SPRC
- 1 full summer season of summer trail crew at SPRC
- High levels of skiing or snowboarding experience
- Keen eye for detail
- Valid Driver’s license (drivers abstract required)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.