Here is more information about the Sports School Supervisor employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Sports School Supervisor
|Department||Snow Sports School|
|Employment Type||Part Time and Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Sports School Director|
|Posting Date||May 1, 2014|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Professional and current teaching certification with a nationally recognized organization (CSIA, CASI, CANSI or National equivalency) to level 2.
• Proficient use of spoken and written English.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills.
• Polished interpersonal and motivational skills and highly organized.
• Proven track record in tourism guest services and as a team player.
• Legally able to work in Canada from November 2014 until April 2015.
• Willing to submit to an RCMP criminal record check.
• Undertake required daily duties as per SPRC operating guidelines.
• Comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code.
• Several seasons experience as a lead hand or supervisor or similar position with a sports school.
• Computer literate with Microsoft and POS systems
• Knowledge of RTP database management.
• You must be physically able to fully undertake responsibilities pertinent to your certification level and discipline in a safe and diligent manner. Able to sit or stand for periods of time, keyboard work.
• Able to work outside in all winter weather conditions.
• High degree of physical fitness. Free of injuries that may obstruct daily duties.
• Second language skills are an asset (e.g. German or Spanish).
• Extended sales training and/or experience is an asset.
• Dual or Multi snow sport certification i.e. CSIA and CASI.
• Several seasons’ previous snow sports teaching experience.
• Post-secondary education in business, H.R or organizational behaviour.
• Knowledge of employment standards, accident investigation, supervisors’ responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities• Direct product marketing to guests.
• Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort Corporation and the Snow Sports School.
• Supervision and support of staff, including staff scheduling, direction and applying paid activities.
• Coordinate daily demand against staff inventories to maximize utilization and maintain product quality.
Secondary Responsibilities• Assist with special events and evening activities as required.
• Teaching duties relative to certification and experience (group lessons, all ages of private lessons, and special programs). Full list of programs at: http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/sports-school/
• Any other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the sports school departments.
• Attend all SPRC scheduled orientation and training programs as requested.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.