Here is more information about the Snowmaker - Lead Hand employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Snowmaker - Lead Hand
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Slopes Manager|
|Posting Date||July 23, 2014|
|Closing Date||October 31, 2014|
Work, Live, and Play
Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has proven to be one of the highest levels of customer service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Winter Alpine and Nordic Passes
- Staff Soup & Bun Lunch Program
- Monthly Staff Recognition Dinners and Events
- Corporation wide discounts
- Subsidized Employee Housing, available to those 19 years +
- Network and interact with our diverse culture
The snowmaking team is always looking enthusiastic and outdoor oriented individuals to spend the winter outdoors in the alpine paradise. Snowmakers will produce machine made snow, while striving for quality, safety and efficiency while working with intense deadlines. Under the guidance of the Slopes Manager, you will receive a fun, interactive and teamwork oriented job experience.
The snowmaking position is a highly physical role; snowmakers are required to work outdoors and to be on their feet for long periods of time; while hiking rugged mountain terrain during afternoon and night shifts.
Your Responsibilities Will Include- Lead and conduct crew members in visual inspections and routine maintenance of snow guns and hoses
- Ensure a high quality of safety standards throughout the snowmaking department
- Set up and break down snowmaking equipment
- Operate trucks, snowmobiles and ATV’s in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to communicate and log maintenance and use of all equipment
Ideal Candidates- Must have 2 seasons of previous snowmaking experience
- Proven ability to operate on snow equipment including snowmobile and Atv’s
- Current and valid Driver’s license (drivers abstract required)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.