Here is more information about the Ski Patrol Level 1 - Entry Level employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Ski Patrol Level 1 - Entry Level
|Employment Type||Full-time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Patrol Director and Assistant Patrol Director|
|Posting Date||January 3, 2015|
|Closing Date||January 15, 2015|
Work, Live, and Play
Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has proven to be one of the highest levels of customer service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Winter Alpine and Nordic Passes
- Staff Soup & Bun Lunch Program
- Monthly Staff Recognition Dinners and Events
- Corporation wide discounts
- Subsidized Employee Housing, available to those 19 years +
- Network and interact with our diverse culture
The ski patrol is responsible for providing and promoting a safe environment for our guests and employees while executing exceptional guest service; as ambassadors to promoting safe skiing and riding practices, enforcers of the skier’s and rider’s responsibility code and educating our employees and guests of health and safety. As first responders to medical emergencies on the mountain, ski patrol also takes on the role of transporting injured guests off the mountain and provides general care until further support arrives. Under the guidance of the Patrol Director, you will receive a fun, interactive and teamwork oriented job experience.
The Ski Patrol position is a highly physical role; patrollers are required to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Your Responsibilities Will Include- Provide the highest possible standard of rescue service and pre-hospital care for our guests and employees
- Communicate effectively with other groups such as BC Ambulance services, RCMP, EMRT, Fire department, Search and Rescue services, First Responders, CSPS and EMRT
- Ensure proper signage is properly placed and maintained according to industry and company standards
- Carry out investigations accurately as required
Ideal Candidates- Must have: Occupational First Aid Level III or OEC (80 hour course)
- CAA Level 1 for Ski Operations, AST 1, AST 2 is an asset
- Current and up to date CPRC Certificate
- High level of physical fitness
- Valid Driver’s license (drivers abstract required)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.