Here is more information about the Ski Patrol Level 1 employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Ski Patrol Level 1
|Employment Type||Full-time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Patrol Director and Assistant Patrol Director|
|Posting Date||May 8, 2014|
|Closing Date||September 30, 2014|
Qualifications RequiredMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Occupational First Aid Level III or O.E.C. (80 Hour Course)
• SPRC Advanced Protocols
• Current CPRC Certificate
• CAA Level 1 for Ski Operations, AST 1, AST 2 an asset.
• High level of physical fitness free of injury with the ability to carry a pack with first aid gear & self-evacuation gear, as well as avalanche gear as necessary, on a daily basis / 25lbs maximum.
• Self-motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision and under the direction of the Patrol Director, Assistant and Senior Patrollers
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions
• Basic understanding of ski area Risk Management
• Strong Alpine skier, snowboarder or telemark skier in all snow & able to ski all terrain in all conditions at Sun Peaks
• Knowledge of Sun Peaks ski area
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must wear Approved Ski Helmet at all times when on hill.
• Willingness to take direction at all times in a positive manner from Risk Management Safety Director, Patrol Director, Assistant Patrol Director, EMRT Coordinator, CSP Team Leader.
Primary Responsibilities• Provide the highest possible acceptable standard of pre-hospital care for our guests and employees as required by the Corporation.
• Provide the highest possible acceptable standard of rescue services for our guests and employees as required by the Corporation
• Work and communicate effectively with other groups such as K.S.A.R., BC Ambulance, RCMP, Fire Department, EMRT, CSP etc.
• Ensure proper signage is appropriately placed and maintained according to industry and company standards.
• Learn and complete morning Pre-Opening Mountain Set Up routes and procedures as outlined and directed.
• Maintain all signage, fencing and closures as required and directed.
• Learn and complete all evening sweep routes as outlined and directed.
• Participate in manual lift evacuations when required as directed.
• Safely and carefully operate Company vehicles according to policy as directed.
• Carry out Patrol Investigations completely and accurately and in a timely manner when required to do so.
• Proper utilization and maintenance of all safety equipment required in the performance of daily activities. Follow the occupational health and safety regulations as laid out.
• Follow the developed Company Standard Operating Guidelines and Policy and Procedures as written.
• Proper assessment of risks/hazards and rectify as required to ensure the safety of self/other employees/contractors and guests.
• Maintain and care for Company equipment and facilities in an acceptable manner.
• Maintain and accurately complete documentation records/logs/daily check sheets/field books/first aid paper work as directed by the company policies and representatives.
• Prompt arrival at work in order to be ready to go to work at the predetermined time.
• Prompt return to work after breaks from work. Any food or supplies required for breaks will be taken to the worksite since breaks will be only from the time work stops until the time it starts again and does not include travel time to retrieve things.
• Willingly follow the directions as given by assigned seniors, supervisors and managers.
• Adhere to company policy as it applies to your job and conduct while at work.
• High level of willing participation in all provided training with an acceptable level of proficiency.
• Continued responsibility to keep skill levels proficient.
• Initiate and participate in appropriate on going departmental and Corporation sponsored training to continue to upgrade patrol related skills.
• Take responsibility for your own personal development by taking training that may be applicable for the development of your career goals.
• Plan personal daily activities to make best possible use of the time available.
• Take personal initiative to identify and complete work projects.
• Be a positive role model and assist other employees and guests of the resort as required.
• Work cooperatively with all employees and departments as the need arises.
• Personal communication device use Not Permitted during working hours
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.