Here is more information about the Server employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Server
|Department||Food and Beverage|
|Employment Type||Full Time Seasonal|
|Reports To||Food and Beverage Manager|
|Posting Date||June 28, 2013|
|Closing Date||July 26, 2013|
Qualifications RequiredA secondary school diploma is preferred.
Excellent communication skills required.
Professional appearance and attitude.
Excellent customer service skills.
Cash handling experience is an asset.
Time management skills.
Knowledge of health and safety regulations is required.
Knowledge of the products, facility, sector and industry.
Flexible in hours and shift availability.
Serving It Right certification.
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training is an asset.
Primary ResponsibilitiesTake and relay food and beverage orders.
• Serve food and beverages to guests.
• Provide food and beverage product knowledge.
• Practice responsible alcohol service.
• Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Cash out and reconcile cash with total sales.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Escort customers to their tables.
• Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items such as, explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Inform customers of daily specials.
• Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
• Prepare beverages using proper bartending techniques, as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.