Here is more information about the Sales Desk Attendant employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Sales Desk Attendant
|Department||Snow Sports School|
|Employment Type||Part Time and Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Sports School Director|
|Posting Date||May 1, 2014|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Professional and current ski coaching certification with a nationally recognized organization (CSCF or National equivalency) minimum level 2.
• Proficient use of spoken and written English.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills especially in relation to guest interactions.
• Polished interpersonal and motivational skills and highly organized.
• Proven track record in tourism guest services and as a team player.
• Legally able to work in Canada from November 2014 until April 2015.
• Willing to submit to an RCMP criminal record check.
• Undertake required daily duties as per SPRC operating guidelines.
• Previous front desk experience (retail, food & beverage, office assistant, etc.)
• Basic understanding of accounting principles.
• Outstanding computers skills; Microsoft computer systems, electronic business systems
• Outstanding cash handling skills; sales transaction reconciliation, daily cash outs.
• You must be physically able to fully undertake responsibilities pertinent to your role in a safe and diligent manner including standing or sitting for long periods of time. Operating keyboard and mouse repetitively.
• Free of injuries that may obstruct daily duties.
• Second language skills are an asset (e.g. German, Spanish, or Mandarin).
• Extended sales training and/or experience is an asset.
• Snow sport certification i.e. CSIA and CASI.
• Previous experience selling snow sports lessons
• Post-secondary education; business administration.
• Some skiing or snowboarding knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities• Perform all sales desk duties including snow sports school program and kids center registration, cash handling, reports, guest services, program confirmations, refunds, promotion/upselling and problem solving
• Thorough knowledge of resort’s product’s, activities and services.
• Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort Corporation and the snow sports school
Secondary Responsibilities• Assist with special events and evening activities as required.
• Any other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the sports school departments.
• Attend all SPRC scheduled orientation and training programs as requested.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.