Here is more information about the Rental and Repair Supervisor employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Rental and Repair Supervisor
|Employment Type||Full Time or Part Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Retail and Rental Manager|
|Posting Date||September 27, 2013|
|Closing Date||November 1, 2013|
Qualifications Required• Minimum 3 to 5 years experience as a supervisor.
• Post-secondary education (Business administration or related diploma/degree).
• Experience with budget controls and development.
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
• Polished interpersonal skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft computer programs.
• Experience with computerized POS systems.
• Strong commitment to excellent customer service (internal and external guests).
• Willingness to be a team player and leader.
• Possess the ability to maintain a cheerful and outgoing attitude at all times.
• Willingness to be a team player & leader.
Primary Responsibilities• To create an atmosphere for our guests and employees that is positive, rewarding, and fun, while ensuring we meet or exceed company and departmental goals.
• To ensure all areas of the shop including storage, guests areas, behind counter spaces, and staff areas are kept immaculately clean and organized.
• To be accessible to all employees during operational hours to help in problem-solving, guest concerns, or policy enforcement.
• Planning and implementation of rental procedures and policies.
• To research and plan changes in rental procedures to meet the expectations of our guests.
• Hiring, supervision, coaching, and training of rental and repair shop employees.
• Ensuring all employees follow all procedures involving appearance, dress codes and policies at all times.
• Training of all rental shop employees including the following topics: customer service, risk management, inventory control.
• Timely completion of all pertinent paperwork including reference checks, employee reviews, employee training records, timecards, separation forms, and ensuring all paperwork gets filed in HR employee files.
• Ensuring all security procedures for controlling inventory usage are followed.
• Inventory control of all departmental company assets including rental and demo equipment including:
• Record keeping of equipment serial and stock numbers.
• Record keeping of all maintenance, testing, usage and disposition of equipment.
• Performing monthly inventory counts.
• Daily follow-up on overdue rental contracts.
• Ensuring maintenance of all rental equipment meets set company policies.
• Ensuring shrinkage of rental equipment does not exceed 3% per year (based on percentage of individual categories).
• Adherence of all Sun Peaks Resort Corporation cash handling policies and procedures including
• Random checks to ensure all employees follow procedures as outlined.
• Daily review of all cash outs.
• Taking responsibility for ensuring all employees are following WCB Regulations, SPRC Worksafe procedures, and WHMIS policies.
• Implementation and maintenance of all files records including workshop orders, rental records, maintenance records, inspection forms, and all other pertinent files.
• Rental and Repair Shop budgetary participation with Sports Shops Manager.
• Working with associated departments in the establishment and guidelines for Post-Accident Reports and Investigations.
• Coordination of satellite rental and repair operations.
Secondary Responsibilities• Attendance at all Sun Peaks Resort Corporation sponsored events including Job Fairs and Employee recognition events,
• Maintaining adequate stock of essential supplies including rental forms, workshop forms, shop supplies, etc.
• Coordination of visual presentation for display of prices and services.
• Assisting in the implementation of promotions.
• Efficiently coordinating with ski group coordinator for large group rentals.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all associated departments.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.