Here is more information about the Race Coach employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Race Coach
|Department||Snow Sports School|
|Employment Type||Part Time and Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Sports School Director|
|Posting Date||May 1, 2014|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2014|
Work, Live, and Play• Professional and current ski coaching certification with a nationally recognized organization (CSCF or National equivalency) minimum level 2.
• Proficient use of spoken English.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills.
• Polished interpersonal and motivational skills and highly organized.
• Proven track record in tourism guest services and as a team player.
• Legally able to work in Canada from November 2014 until April 2015.
• Willing to submit to an RCMP criminal record check.
• Undertake required daily duties as per SPRC operating guidelines.
• Comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code.
• Previous ski coaching experience.
• You must be physically able to fully undertake coaching responsibilities pertinent to your certification level and discipline in a safe and diligent manner.
• Carrying equipment, race gates, tools while skiing safely.
• Setting and removing gates in a safe and timely manner.
• Loading and unloading chairlifts while transporting gates.
• Able to ski with back pack e.g. 30lb load.
• Able to work outside in all winter weather conditions.
• High degree of physical fitness. Free of injuries that may obstruct daily duties.
• Dual or Multi snow sport certification i.e. CSIA or CASI.
• Several seasons’ previous ski coaching experience.
• Understanding or previous experience with race timing equipment.
Your Responsibilities Will Include• Coaching duties relative to certification and experience mostly in our Race Programs (group lessons, all ages of private lessons, and special programs). Full list of programs at: http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/sports-school/
• Direct product marketing to guests.
• Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort Corporation and the Snow Sports School.
• Course setting duties for village race activities.
Ideal Candidates• Assist with special events and evening activities as required.
• Any other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the sports school departments.
• Attend all SPRC scheduled orientation and training programs as requested.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.