Here is more information about the Nordic Groomer employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Nordic Groomer
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Slopes Manager|
|Posting Date||July 23, 2014|
|Closing Date||October 31, 2014|
Work, Live, and Play
Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has proven to be one of the highest levels of customer service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort Corporation has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Winter Alpine and Nordic Passes
- Staff Soup & Bun Lunch Program
- Monthly Staff Recognition Dinners and Events
- Corporation wide discounts
- Subsidized Employee Housing, available to those 19 years +
- Network and interact with our diverse culture
The grooming team is always looking enthusiastic and outdoor oriented individuals to spend the winter outdoors in the alpine paradise. Groomers are responsible for producing and exceptional and award winning riding surface. Under the guidance of the Slopes Manager, you will receive a fun, interactive and teamwork oriented job experience.
The grooming position is a highly physical role; groomers are required to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Your Responsibilities Will Include- Prepare and maintain a high standard snow surface for Nordic trail system
- Maintain signage
- Hauling supplies for other departments
- Assist with other outside projects when required
- Work with mechanics when troubleshoot breakdowns are required
- Ensure all safety standards are met
Ideal Candidates- Must have 2 winter seasons of experience driving grooming equipment
- 1 – 2 winter seasons grooming Nordic trails
- Keen eye from detail
- Valid driver’s license (drivers abstract required)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.