Here is more information about the Mountain Bike Trail Crew employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Mountain Bike Trail Crew
|Department||Mountain Bike Park|
|Employment Type||Full-time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Mountain Bike Park Coordinator|
|Posting Date||March 10, 2014|
|Closing Date||April 30, 2014|
Qualifications Required• High level of physical fitness free from injuries
• Self motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision under the direction of the Mountain Bike Park Coordinator Lead Hand, Patrol Supervisor
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions
• Be experienced with the use of hand tools, chain saws and safe procedures for working with these tools
• Experience with trail building, ditching, water bars and signage pertaining to mountain bike trails
• Basic understanding of Risk Management for Mountain Biking
• Strong mountain riding skills an asset
• Supply own CSA approved above ankle footwear, sunscreen and appropriate clothing
Primary ResponsibilitiesTo include but not limited to;
• Maintain existing trails, structures and features in manner acceptable by industry and Company standards.
• Build new trails, structures and features to a standard that is acceptable by industry and Company.
• Ensure proper signage is appropriately placed prior to opening and maintained according to industry and company standards.
• Activate and deactivate bridges and trails as required before and after bike season
• Proper utilization of all safety equipment required in the performance of daily activities.
• Follow the occupational health and safety regulations as laid out.
• Follow the developed Company Standard Operating Guidelines and Procedures as written.
• Proper assessment of risks/hazards and rectify as required to ensure the safety of self/other employees/contractors and guests.
• Maintain and care for Company equipment and facilities in an acceptable manner.
• Maintain and complete documentation records/logs/check sheets/field books as directed by the company its policies and representatives.
• Prompt arrival at work in order to be ready to go to work at the predetermined time.
• Prompt return to work after breaks from work. Any food or supplies required for breaks will be taken to the worksite since breaks will be only from the time work stops until the time it starts again and does not include travel time to retrieve things.
• Willingly follow the directions as given by assigned seniors, supervisors and managers.
• Adhere to company policy as it applies to your job and conduct while at work.
• High level of willing participation in all provided training with an acceptable level of proficiency.
• Participate in appropriate on going departmental and Corporation sponsored training.
• Take responsibility for your own personal development by taking training that may be applicable for the development of your career goals.
• Plan personal daily activities to make best possible use of the time available.
• Take personal initiative to identify and complete work projects.
• Be a positive role model/leader/coach and assist other employees and guests of the resort as required.
• Work cooperatively with all employees and departments as the need arises.
• Assist Bike Patrol with patient extrication as needed.
Secondary Responsibilities• Attend all required SPRC orientation and training sessions
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the department including support of other departments and special promotions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.