Here is more information about the Mountain Bike Patroller employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Mountain Bike Patroller
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Patrol Director|
|Working Hours||Summer Seasonal Operating Hours|
|Posting Date||June 20, 2014|
|Closing Date||August 15, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Current OFA Level 3, O.E.C. Advanced First Aid (80 hours) Advanced Protocols
• Current CPRC Certificate
• Minimum 1 season experience as either a winter ski patroller or summer bike patroller
• Strong Mountain Bike riding skills
• High level of physical fitness free of injury
• Self-motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision and under the direction of the Patrol Director and Assistant
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions safely
• Basic understanding of Risk Management for Mountain Biking
• Supply own CSA approved full face protective helmet, vibram sole riding shoes, safety protective eye wear
• Willingness to take direction at all times from direct reports
Primary ResponsibilitiesTo include but not limited to:
• Provide the highest possible standard of rescue services for our guests and employees as required by the Corporation.
• Provide the highest possible standard of pre-hospital care for our guests and employees as required by the Corporation.
• Work and communicate effectively with outside agencies such as K.S.A.R., BC Ambulance, RCMP, EMRT, Fire Department, CSP etc.
• Carry out Patrol investigations completely and accurately/timely when required to do so.
• Ensure proper signage is appropriately placed and maintained according to industry and company standards.
• Safe operation of mountain bike – includes but not limited to no jumping and/or stunting.
• Proper utilization of all safety equipment required in the performance of daily activities. Full face helmet, Protective eye wear, body armor, gloves, vibram shoe riding shoes must be worn anytime you are on a company bike.
• Follow the occupational health and safety regulations as laid out.
• Follow the developed Company Standard Operating Policies and Procedures as written.
• Proper assessment of risks/hazards and rectify as required to ensure the safety of self/other employees/contractors and guests.
• Maintain and care for Company equipment and facilities in an acceptable manner.
• Maintain and complete documentation records/logs/daily check sheets/field books/first aid paper work as directed by the company its policies and representatives.
• Prompt arrival at work in order to be ready to go to work at the predetermined time.
• Prompt return to work after breaks from work. Any food or supplies required for breaks will be taken to the worksite since breaks will be only from the time work stops until the time it starts again and does not include travel time to retrieve things.
• Willingly follow the directions as given by Patrol Director, assistant, mangers, assigned seniors.
• Adhere to company policy as it applies to your job and conduct while at work.
• High level of willing participation in all provided training with an acceptable level of proficiency.
• Carry out your job and duties in a safe manner at all times as to not sustain any injuries.
• Take responsibility for your own personal development by taking training that may be applicable for the development of your career goals.
• Plan daily work activities to make best possible use of the time available.
• Take personal initiative to identify and complete work projects/patrolling
• Be a positive role model/leader/coach and assist other employees and guests of the resort as required.
• Work cooperatively with all employees and departments as the need arises.
• Assist bike trail crew as needed.
• Personal Communication device use Not Permitted during working hours
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.