Here is more information about the Mountain Bike Patrol employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Mountain Bike Patrol
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Patrol Director|
|Posting Date||April 23, 2013|
|Closing Date||May 31, 2013|
Qualifications Required• Current OFA Level 3, O.E.C. Advanced First Aid (80 hours)
• Current CPRC Certificate.
• Minimum 1 season experience as either a winter ski patroller or summer bike patroller.
• Strong Mountain Bike riding skills.
• High level of physical fitness free of injury.
• Self-motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision and under the direction of the Patrol Director and Assistant.
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Basic understanding of Risk Management for Mountain Biking.
• Supply own CSA approved full face protective helmet.
Primary Responsibilities• Provide the highest possible standard of pre-hospital care for our guests and employees as required by the Corporation.
• Provide the highest possible standard of rescue services for our guests and employees as required by the Corporation.
• Work and communicate effectively with outside agencies such as S.A.R., BC Ambulance, RCMP, EMRT, Fire Department, First Responders etc.
• Carry out Patrol Investigations completely and accurately when required to do so.
• Ensure proper signage is appropriately placed and maintained according to industry and company standards.
• Safe operation of mountain bike – includes but not limited to no jumping and/or stunting.
• Proper utilization of all safety equipment required in the performance of daily activities. Full face helmet, body armour and gloves must be worn anytime you are on a company bike.
• Follow the occupational health and safety regulations as laid out.
• Follow the developed Company Standard Operating Policies and Procedures as written.
• Proper assessment of risks/hazards and rectify as required to ensure the safety of self/other employees/contractors and guests.
• Maintain and care for Company equipment and facilities in an acceptable manner.
• Maintain and complete documentation records/logs/daily check sheets/field books/first aid paper work as directed by the company its policies and representatives.
• Prompt arrival at work in order to be ready to go to work at the predetermined time.
• Prompt return to work after breaks from work. Any food or supplies required for breaks will be taken to the worksite since breaks will be only from the time work stops until the time it starts again and does not include travel time to retrieve things.
• Willingly follow the directions as given by assigned seniors, supervisors and managers.
• Adhere to company policy as it applies to your job and conduct while at work.
• High level of willing participation in all provided training with an acceptable level of proficiency.
• Initiate and participate in appropriate on going departmental and Corporation sponsored training.
• Take responsibility for your own personal development by taking training that may be applicable for the development of your career goals.
• Plan personal daily activities to make best possible use of the time available.
• Take personal initiative to identify and complete work projects.
• Be a positive roll model/leader/coach and assist other employees and guests of the resort as required.
• Work cooperatively with all employees and departments as the need arises.
• Assist bike trail crew as needed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.