Here is more information about the Marketing Assistant employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Marketing Assistant
|Department||Sales and Marketing|
|Employment Type||Part Time - Seasonal|
|Reports To||Marketing Manager and Sales and Marketing Director|
|Posting Date||October 10, 2013|
|Closing Date||October 27, 2013|
Qualifications Required• A post-secondary degree in business, journalism, communications, tourism management or equivalent work experience.
• Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised morning shifts beginning at 5:30am.
• Ability to work well both with a group and independently.
• Strong communication skills including reading, writing, and public speaking with attention to detail.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite: Windows, Word, Powerpoint, Excel; Outlook. Basic html and experience with Adobe Photoshop is helpful and will be supported.
• Strong understanding of the internet and social media.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Have a passion for skiing or snowboarding and embrace the culture.
• Must be knowledgeable with ski and snowboard terminology.
• Knowledge and hands on experience with social media.
Primary Responsibilities• Update www.sunpeaksresort.com with current information on snow conditions, mountain operations and weather forecasts using web administration tools at 5:30am and occasionally again at 9:00am.
• Update Sun Peaks Resort telephone recordings for snow conditions, mountain operations and weather forecasts at 6:30am, and occasionally again at 9:00am.
• Create the daily e-newsletter using web administration tools and circulate to subscribers accurately and in a timely manner.
• Distribute daily snow conditions, mountain operations and weather forecasts to resort partners accurately and in a timely manner.
• Update Sun Peaks Resort Channel 3 accurately and in a timely manner.
• Participate in social media on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Secondary Responsibilities• Work with the Marketing Manager on marketing research projects.
• Adhere to all Sun Peaks Resort Corporation policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Attend all required Sun Peaks Resort Corporation orientation and training sessions.
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the department including support of other departments and special promotions.
• Other duties as assigned by Marketing Manager.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.