Here is more information about the Line Cook employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Line Cook
|Department||Food & Beverage (SPRC outlets)|
|Employment Type||Full Time & Part Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Lead Line Cook & Sous Chef|
|Posting Date||June 3, 2014|
|Closing Date||September 30, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Minimum 2 year previous line cooks experience
• Must have Food Safe Level 1
• Ability to cooperate and work strongly with others in team
• Capability to organize and prioritize high volume / demand workloads
• Knowledge and adherence SPRC policies as written in our policy manual
• Knowledge and adherence of all junior positions and their job descriptions
Primary Responsibilities• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handle, store and rotate all food products properly.
• Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
• Track and report any food waste.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Cooks only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system
• Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the kitchen manager.
• Quality controls by correcting any inconsistencies and reporting any issues to the Lead Line Cook.
Secondary Responsibilities• Attend all required SPRC orientation and training sessions
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the department including support of other departments and special promotions
• Assisting with orientation of new employees
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.