Here is more information about the Lift Operator employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Lift Operator
|Department||Winter Lift Operations|
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Lift Operations Supervisor & Lift Operations Manager|
|Working Hours||Seasonal Operational Hours (November - April)|
|Posting Date||June 12, 2014|
|Closing Date||August 31, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Must be outgoing, have a positive attitude and enjoy working with people.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to ski / snowboard, to an intermediate level.
• Highly motivated, honest, responsible and have an excellent work ethic.
• Able to work individually and as part of a team to complete assigned tasks in a safe, timely manner.
• Must be able to maintain a calm, professional, friendly manner under periods of stress.
• Proven ability to be consistent in attendance, punctuality, and act with integrity.
Primary Responsibilities• Responsible for the safe daily operation of one of the mountain lifts as assigned by the lift supervisor.
• Maintain the appearance of the stations and surroundings throughout the day, ensuring load and unload areas up to operational standards as per the Z-98 code.
• Communicate hazards/problems to Supervisors while demonstrating initiative in anticipating and handling routine and emergency procedures safely.
• Maintain personal appearance and uniform in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
• Assist Lift Maintenance staff with routine operational checks and start-up.
• Contributes to a positive team environment.
• Ensure that daily duties are conducted in a safe, timely and proficient manner.
• Assist Ski Patrol in lift evacuations.
• Assist in the operation of Parking, Traffic control, Tube Park, Bungee trampoline and ticket checking.
Secondary Responsibilities• Attend all SPRC sponsored events and training sessions.
• Additional duties as required by the Lift Operations Manager: special events, early season trail maintenance, etc.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.