Here is more information about the Lift Mechanic Level 1 (Millwright Apprentice) employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Lift Mechanic Level 1 (Millwright Apprentice)
|Employment Type||Full Time, Year Round, Hourly|
|Reports To||Lift Maintenance Lead Hand & Lift Maintenance Manager|
|Posting Date||June 6, 2014|
|Closing Date||June 27, 2014|
Qualifications Required• First year Millwright Apprentice (0 - 12 months), or strong mechanical background
• Strong computer literacy
• Good communication skills with the ability to work well with others
• Good physical condition and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
• Good working knowledge of the current WCB regulations as they pertain to lift maintenance.
• Valid BC Class 5 driver's license.
• Able to work at heights
• Able to operate Passenger ropeways in a safe and responsible manner
• Able to operate snowmobiles, ATVs and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner
• Strong desire to develop a career in the ski industry
Primary Responsibilities• To perform all duties assigned by the Lift Maintenance Manager or Lead Hand.
• Assist in ensuring all lifts are maintained according to current Z-98 code requirements and manufacturer’s recommendations
• Respond to and follow-up on lift related mechanical issues
• Maintain calm and respectful when in pressure situations
• Keep good track of work performed and ensure it is recorded as required
• Help develop existing record keeping systems
• To assist in any emergency response situations; i.e. search and rescue, firefighting, etc.
• Report and rectify any unsafe situation
• Keep a clean, organized, safe work environment.
• Ensure adherence to all SPRC policies and agreements as outlined in the current Employee Handbook.
Secondary Responsibilities• Support and help develop existing record keeping and scheduling systems
• Maintain professional and credible representation of the SPRC Lift Maintenance department at all times
• Attend all required SPRC orientation and training sessions.
• Duties as required to ensure successful and progressive operation of the department including support of other departments and special promotions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.