Here is more information about the Lead Line Cook employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Lead Line Cook
|Department||Food & Beverage (Masa's Bar & Grill)|
|Employment Type||Full Time or Part Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Restaurant Sous Chef & Executive Chef|
|Posting Date||June 13, 2014|
|Closing Date||June 30, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Food Safe Certificate.
• Demonstrate very strong practical and technical skills that focus upon full A La Carte service cookery skills.
• Extensive background knowledge (minimum 3 years) and experience with all aspects of kitchen functions and excellent practical and technical skills.
• Good working knowledge of current WCB regulations.
• Knowledge and adherence SPRC policies as written in our policy manual.
• Knowledge and adherence of all Jr. positions and there job descriptions.
Primary Responsibilities• Staffing, training and motivation for Masa’s kitchen production.
• Responsible for prevention of over production and waste as well as portion control.
• Creation of meals in a timely fashion.
• Maintaining high standards of cooking and systems.
• Preparation and application of all menus and catering/special events structured to budgets, kitchen and equipment restrictions and to the capabilities of the staff.
• Maintain kitchen work environment in a safe and sanitary condition.
• Ensure food is stored, prepared and maintained in accordance with all food safe and accepted kitchen standards.
• Accurate recordings of temperature logs.
• Understanding of food cost analysis.
• Responsible for requisitions and inventory control.
• Assisting in the preparation and adherence of the budgeting process.
• Operating with a high level of customer service at all times.
• Acting with integrity and compassion to staff and guests at all times.
Secondary Responsibilities• Attend all required SPRC orientation and training sessions.
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the Food & Beverage department, including support of other departments and special events and promotions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.