Here is more information about the Instructor Training Programs Instructor employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Instructor Training Programs Instructor
|Department||Snow Sports School|
|Employment Type||Part Time and Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Sports School Director|
|Posting Date||May 1, 2014|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2014|
Work, Live, and Play• Professional and current teaching certification with CSIA or CASI at either level 3 or 4.
• Proficient use of spoken English.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills.
• Polished interpersonal and motivational skills and highly organized.
• Proven track record in tourism guest services and as a team player.
• Legally able to work in Canada from November 2014 until April 2015.
• Willing to submit to an RCMP criminal record check.
• Undertake required daily duties as per SPRC operating guidelines.
• Comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code.
• You must be physically able to fully undertake teaching responsibilities pertinent to your certification level and discipline in a safe and diligent manner.
• Able to work outside in all winter weather conditions.
• High degree of physical fitness. Free of injuries that may obstruct daily duties.
• Extended sales training and/or experience is an asset.
• Course conductor/course evaluator with CSIA or CASI preferably examining level 2 or 3.
• Several seasons’ previous teaching experience training instructors or instructor training programs.
• Freestyle ski/snowboard certification levels 1-4 with nationally recognized organization.
Your Responsibilities Will Include• Teaching duties relative to certification and experience mostly in our Winter Sports Company Programs.
• Mentor guests through 12-18 week instructor training programs.
• Full list of programs at: http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/sports-school/
• Direct product marketing to guests.
• Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort Corporation and the Snow Sports School.
Ideal Candidates• Assist with special events and evening activities as required.
• Any other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the sports school departments.
• Attend all SPRC scheduled orientation and training programs as requested.
• Train and mentor Sports School staff for certification success.
• Present and evaluate levels 1-3 certification courses as per course conductor/evaluator certification.
• Teach expert skill level for the multi week local programs particular to certification.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.