Here is more information about the Guest Services Agent employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Guest Services Agent
|Department||Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre|
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||SPGH Assistant Front Office Manager|
|Working Hours||Summer Seasonal Operating Hours|
|Posting Date||July 4, 2014|
|Closing Date||July 15, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Experience and understanding of the front office and/or guest service areas and processes a definite asset.
• Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office programs, and a strong working knowledge of Opera an asset.
• Team player and a self-starter, with the ability to effectively work independently.
• Professional and well organized.
• Focused individual with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work within and promote an innovative and multi-tasked environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• A passion for Guest Services and the proven ability for consistently anticipating guest needs.
• Ability to take on projects and see them through to completion.
• Post-secondary education in hospitality, or a related field is a definite asset.
• Knowledge of the Sun Peaks / Kamloops areas and available activities an asset.
• Must be flexible to work as business levels dictate (shift work).
Primary Responsibilities• To handle, and guide all aspects of the arrival and departure process as it relates to the Front Office in accordance with Sun Peaks Grand key standards.
• Effectively resolve guest complaints ensuring the guests’ needs are exceeded.
• Assist / handle emergency situations, and make prompt decisions based on the best interest of our guest and establishment.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism, providing exceptional guest service.
• Work closely with the Accounting department.
• Some duties include reconciling daily revenue from all revenue centres and preparing daily reports.
• Knowledge of all Hotel facilities/services, as well as the Kamloops / Sun Peaks area, with the ability to promote and direct guests to these areas.
• Participate actively in a multi-functional work environment.
• Provide excellent guest service.
• Be supportive of creativity and innovation, with a willingness to embrace and take part in changes.
• Work towards continuous improvement and quality.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.