Here is more information about the Grooming Level 1 employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Grooming Level 1
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Slopes Manager|
|Posting Date||August 16, 2013|
|Closing Date||September 30, 2013|
Qualifications Required• Minimum one season of Snowmaking at Sun Peaks.
• Some earth moving/farming/turf maintenance equipment operation experience.
• Should be mechanically inclined.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Self-motivated, responsible, open minded, and willing to learn.
• A good listener, able and willing to follow instruction closely.
• Able to work out doors in all weather conditions.
• Able with others in a strong team environment.
• Able to work night shift and odd hours with overtime when required.
• Excellent night vision.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
Primary Responsibilities• Arrive at work on time, rested, and ready for the shift (dressed appropriately; wearing proper winter footwear)
• Groom assigned runs and trails (green to moderate blue runs and roads)
• Assist with snowmaking duties when required.
• Follow to all mountain safety, operating, and maintenance procedures and policies.
• To be familiar with and follow all applicable SPRC Standard Operating Guidelines; including pre-start check lists, equipment operation, fuelling, shut down procedures and documentation.
• Understand and work towards departmental and corporate goals & objectives.
• Attend daily crew briefings; paying close attention to details and instructions.
• To identify and contain fuel and oil leaks immediately in accordance with the company EMS policies and Spill Response Plan.
• Fleet grooming with an experienced operator during first season, Nordic grooming shifts during second season.
• Undertake tasks other than snow cat operation such as track maintenance, equipment maintenance and cleaning, etc.
• Complete required documents and forms neatly and accurately every day.
• Communicate any problems or issues immediately to your supervisor so that they can be resolved quickly.
• Be an Ambassador of the company and represent Sun Peaks in a positive manner.
• Attend all required SPRC orientation and training sessions.
• Ensure that you manage your work hours through Ez Labour stations daily.
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the Outside Operations Department; including support of other Company departments and special promotions or events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.