Here is more information about the Grooming Lead Hand employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Grooming Lead Hand
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Slopes Manager|
|Posting Date||August 16, 2013|
|Closing Date||September 30, 2013|
Qualifications Required• Minimum 5 years of grooming and snowmaking experience with proven strong supervisory abilities.
• Mature person with a very strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
• A team player, self-motivated, with proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
• Able to think, react and communicate under pressure.
• Highly experienced operating all types of industry equipment and implements.
• Excellent working knowledge of the snowmaking systems at Sun Peaks.
• A good listener, able to follow instruction closely.
• An excellent communicator.
• Excellent time management and planning skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude an asset.
• Must have a keen eye for detail while still dealing in a larger scope.
• Able to complete daily reports neatly, concisely, and legibly.
• Experience with special events venue preparation.
• Must have a clean driver’s abstract.
• Able to work shifts and odd hours with overtime when required.
Primary Responsibilities• Meet with staff at the beginning of each shift and review grooming list, identify priorities and requests from other departments, and then delegate tasks to the crew.
• Make decisions regarding all aspects of grooming operations, including maintenance, pre start procedures, selection and use of grooming implements, fuelling, winch operations, pre season trail building, heavy snowfall, damage, accidents, incidents, shut down and post operational procedures.
• Coordinate your plan with snowmaking and other on mountain departments.
• Delegate tasks to crew during the shift as required.
• During heavy snowfall events follow priorities: 1) lift ramps, 2) roads, 3) green, 4) blue, terrain parks, and then black trails.
• Monitor production and quality of grooming product.
• Accountable for the safety of both personnel and equipment.
• Identify and contain fuel or oil spills immediately in accordance with our EMS
• (Environmental Management System) procedure.
• Training of level 1 and 2 operators.
• Accurate, neat compilation of the grooming report (names of operators, time and percent of runs groomed, machine hours and fuel tracking)
• Make sure that all staff has signed in and out of the ADP System for each shift.
• Communicate all necessary information to next Lead Hand at shift change.
• Morning crew lead must call the snow phone in the morning to give a timely and accurate grooming report.
Secondary Responsibilities• Maintain appearance and uniform to company standards.
• Lead by example.
• Support our OH&S committee.
• Attend all required SPRC orientation, training sessions, and all sponsored events.
• Call snow removal contractor by 05:00 a.m. if there has been 5 cm of snow accumulation; or if it is snowing heavily.
• Be an ambassador of the company and represent Sun Peaks in a positive manner.
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of Outside Operations including support of other departments and special events.
• Supervisory duties as assigned or in the absence of the Slopes Manager.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.