Here is more information about the Groomer Level 3 - Winch Cat Operator employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Groomer Level 3 - Winch Cat Operator
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Slopes Manager|
|Posting Date||October 8, 2013|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2013|
Qualifications Required• 5 or more seasons experience grooming; fully competent with winch and grinder operations.
• At least 1 season snow making at Sun Peaks.
• At least 1 season working summer trails at Sun Peaks.
• 40 hours of supervised track maintenance at Sun Peaks.
• Able to competently groom our entire Nordic trail network.
• Sound experience with special events preparation.
• Mechanically inclined, able to trouble shoot minor problems and affect repairs.
• Calm, level headed, mature and able to work and communicate well under pressure.
• Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Excellent communicator; both written and verbal.
• Possess a highly developed attention to detail.
• Sound leadership abilities are present and utilized.
• Good working knowledge of all mountain grooming routes and patterns.
• Excellent understanding of the product and quality expected from grooming crew.
• Able to work alone or with others in a strong team environment.
• Competent skier or snow boarder.
• Able to work shifts and odd hours with overtime when required.
• Excellent night vision.
• Valid driver’s license and able to provide a clean driver’s abstract (submitted annually).
Primary Responsibilities• Arrive at work on time, rested, and ready for your shift (dressed appropriately; wearing proper winter footwear)
• Groom assigned trails, lift ramps/terminals, and handle all snow gun moves.
• Undertake all winch operations.
• Shape and groom Tube Park as required.
• Terrain Park Building and daily maintenance.
• Nordic grooming when required.
• Build early season ski trails.
• Follow all mountain operating policies and procedures.
• To know & follow all applicable SPRC Standard Operating Guidelines; including pre-start check lists, shut down procedures and documentation.
• Maintain a high standard of quality in the grooming product.
• Complete required documents and forms neatly and accurately every day.
• Immediately communicate any problems or issues to your supervisor so that they can be resolved quickly.
• Understand and work towards departmental goals & objectives.
• Carefully observe and adhere to all company safety, operating and maintenance procedures.
• Assist in snowmaking duties.
• To follow instruction paying close attention to detail.
• Keep your assigned snow cat clean and tidy for the next operator.
• To identify and contain fuel and oil leaks immediately in accordance with the company Environmental policies and Spill response plan.
Secondary Responsibilities• Be an Ambassador of the company and represent Sun Peaks in a positive manner.
• Train and mentor Level 1 and 2 operators.
• Assist the Lead Operator with developing the daily grooming plan.
• Attend all required SPRC orientation and training sessions.
• Submit your work hours using EZLabor stations at the start and completion of your shift.
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the Outside Operations Department; including support of other departments and special promotions or events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.