Here is more information about the Freestyle Group and Private Instructor employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Freestyle Group and Private Instructor
|Department||Snow Sports School|
|Employment Type||Part Time and Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Sports School Director|
|Posting Date||May 1, 2014|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2014|
Work, Live, and Play• Professional and current freestyle teaching certification with a nationally recognized organization (CSIA, CASI, or National equivalency) at levels 1-2 or higher.
• Proficient use of spoken English.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills.
• Polished interpersonal and motivational skills and highly organized.
• Proven track record in tourism guest services and as a team player.
• Legally able to work in Canada from November 2014 until April 2015.
• Willing to submit to an RCMP criminal record check.
• Undertake required daily duties as per SPRC operating guidelines.
• Comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code.
• You must be physically able to fully undertake teaching responsibilities pertinent to your certification level and discipline in a safe and diligent manner.
• Able to teach in an ‘all mountain freestyle’ and ‘snow park’ environment safely.
• Able to work outside in all winter weather conditions.
• High degree of physical fitness. Free of injuries that may obstruct daily duties.
• Second language skills are an asset (e.g. German or Spanish).
• Extended sales training and/or experience is an asset.
• Dual or Multi snow sport certification i.e. CSIA and CASI.
• Several seasons’ previous freestyle lesson snow sports teaching experience.
Your Responsibilities Will Include• Teaching duties relative to certification and experience in our Locals Freestyle group lessons and private lessons of all ages and special programs). Full list of programs at: http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/sports-school/
• Direct product marketing to guests.
• Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort Corporation and the Snow Sports School.
Ideal Candidates• Assist with special events and evening activities as required.
• Any other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the sports school departments.
• Attend all SPRC scheduled orientation and training programs as requested.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.