Here is more information about the Events Assistant employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Events Assistant
|Employment Type||Full Time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Events Coordinator/Director of Sales and Marketing|
|Posting Date||August 29, 2013|
|Closing Date||October 15, 2013|
Qualifications Required• Experience in the recreation or tourism industry a definite asset
• Must be comfortable with physical labor
• Must be capable of working outside in variable weather conditions
• Organized and dependable
• Be willing and able to work a flexible schedule
• Knowledge of mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding and other mountain resort activities an asset
Primary Responsibilities• Set up and tear down of various special events
• Supervise and coordinate volunteers
• Assist with production of various special events in the village
• Act as a liaison between Sun Peaks and other outside organizers
• Communication of special event information to resort employees and local businesses
Secondary Responsibilities• Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort Corporation
• Attend all SPRC sponsored scheduled orientation & training programs
• Duties as required to ensure successful operation of the department including support of other departments and special promotions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.