Here is more information about the Dispatcher employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Dispatcher
|Employment Type||Full-time, Seasonal|
|Reports To||Patrol Director|
|Posting Date||May 8, 2014|
|Closing Date||September 30, 2014|
Qualifications Required• Current Standard First Aid or higher certificate an asset
• Current CPRC certificate an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills / willingness to take direction at all times..
• Strong guest relation skills.
• Strong organizational skills (attention to details, timely manner).
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work productively with limited supervision under the direction of the Patrol Director, assistant or Risk Management Safety Director.
• Able to work & multi-task efficiently.
• Strong typing skills and computer skills, including Microsoft office and computer aided dispatch systems. 2 way radio system.
• Knowledge of Sun Peaks’ mountain ski runs and resort area.
• Prior ski patrol or mountain operations experience is an asset.
Primary Responsibilities• Mountain operations dispatch, with first priority towards emergency personnel and equipment
• Log & document all mountain operations, communications(including details) for all emergencies
• Complete submit all daily log information, reports and documentation as required.
• Daily weather observation, recording and reporting to Environment Canada and Canadian Avalanche Association as required.
• Weekly accident summary reporting to Canada West Ski Area Association and Risk Management Safety Director.
• Ensure documentation/records/logs/daily check sheets are completed and accurate as directed by the company its policies and representatives.
• Search & Rescue emergency dispatch & documentation as required and notification of incident to Risk Management Safety Director / Patrol Director.
• Work and communicate effectively with other groups such as S.A.R., BC Ambulance, RCMP, Fire Department, EMRT, CSP and other outside agencies as needed..
• Follow the developed Company Standard Operating Guidelines and Procedures as written.
• Ensure that Company equipment and facilities are maintained and cared for in an acceptable manner.
• Prompt arrival at work in order to be ready to go to work at the predetermined time.
• Prompt return to work after breaks from work / ski breaks not part of daily routine
• Updating of manuals, documentation as directed by Patrol Director, Risk Management Safety Director and EMRT Coordinator.
• Willingly follow the directions as given by assigned supervisors and managers.
• Adhere to company policy as it applies to your job and conduct while at work.
• High level of willing participation in all provided training with an acceptable level of proficiency.
• Plan daily activities to make best possible use of the time available.
• Take personal initiative to identify and complete work projects.
• Communicate effectively with the public, direct supervisors and EMRT & CSP Liaisons.
• Work cooperatively with all employees and departments as the need arises.
• Perform tasks as requested by the Patrol Director or assistant, Risk Management Safety Director and EMRT Coordinator.
• Update forms, documents and manuals when required as requested by Patrol Director, Risk Management Safety Director and EMRT Coordinator.
• Attend all SPRC sponsored training & orientations
• To be dependable, timely and cooperative at all times with all members of the team.
• Maintenance of uniform issued.
• Personal communication device use Not Permitted during working hours
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.