Here is more information about the Director of Outside Operations employment opportunity at Sun Peaks Resort.
Job Description: Director of Outside Operations
|Employment Type||Full Time, Year Round|
|Reports To||Mountain Operations Manager|
|Posting Date||October 18, 2013|
|Closing Date||December 1, 2013|
Qualifications Required• Extensive experience in ski resort operations or related operations experience
• College or University degree or Diploma in a related field
• Minimum of five years management experience
• Fully conversant with BC Safety Act and related regulations for passenger ropeways and conveyors.
• Fully conversant with the current OH&S regulations as they pertain to the operation of this industry
• Conversant with latest grooming and snow-making techniques.
• Conversant with risk management challenges in the ski industry
• Demonstrated ability to write budgets and financial plans relating to operations
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Competent skier or snowboarder
• Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Strong commitment to Health and Safety in the work place
• Conversant with ISO 14001 standard
Primary Responsibilities• Daily oversight and coordination of winter Lift Operations, Slope Grooming and Snow-making
• Daily oversight of summer lift operations, slope maintenance and construction and Forest Health program
• Coordination of training and labour in all areas of responsibility
• Daily coordination with Director of Maintenance and Senior Manager of Operations
• Preparation of annual budgets for all direct reporting areas.
• Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility
• Insure that all areas of responsibility are working within or below financial targets
• Ensure all SPRC policies are adhered to as outlined in the current Employee handbook, as well as all applicable WCB regulations & any other applicable industry regulations
• Is the EMS Co-ordinator and applies ISO 14001 standard as it relates to areas of responsibility
Secondary Responsibilities• Attend and participate in all SPRC sponsored training & orientations
• Attend all communication meetings as required
• Report on all industry changes related to areas of responsibility in a timely manner
• Other duties as necessary for the successful operation of the reporting departments and the corporation as a whole
EMS Role & Responsibility
• Be familiar with the all legal requirements, S.O.G.’s, E.R.P’s and the Environmental Management System.
• Is coordinator of the Environmental Committee which will monitor, assess, and develop recommendations for changes to the Environmental Management System for presentation to the Management Review Committee.
• Be familiar with and able to locate the current version of the EMS manual
• Train all staff whose training needs are documented in the Training Needs Matrix.
• Ensure all procedures and policies of the EMS are current and all obsolete documents are not in circulation.
• Follow the monitoring guidelines specified in the Inspection Frequency Matrix for the operations
• Conduct all required Inspections to confirm that operations are being conducted in-accordance with the EMS and SOG’s.
• Ensure that Emergency Response Procedures associated with the Spill Prevention and Response Plan & the Fire Preparedness Plan are distributed, followed, tested and assessed for the effectiveness to mitigate environmental impacts and where necessary improved.
• Review all Inspection Checklists and address the required actions.
• Investigate environmental incidents to determine the root cause.
• Document public inquiries related to the EMS and forward them to the Operations Manager.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the 'Apply' button below to submit your resume and any other required documentation. Please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.